26 July 2010

Whoa, Baby

Today, I found a primary care physician, in my insurance network, who told me that, if my pregnancies are healthy and low-risk, it makes absolutely no sense to deliver my babies in a hospital or even visit a doctor simply because I'm pregnant.

In other news, the world may end tonight.

7 comments:

Buffy said...

super cool. When my brother was born (in Warsaw, very close to Pike Lake) an MD attended the birth (at our home)-- he'd worked in Africa for several years and so it all made sense...at least, that's the connection I've made in my head.

Andy said...

It's amazing how much we've forgotten.

Sharon said...

you mean...it's not an illness?

amy frances said...

I know, right? Who knew?

Jeannie said...

WHOA, is right! very very cool!

Asheya said...

wow, so awesome! does this MD attend homebirths?

amy frances said...

No, alas, she doesn't even do pelvic exams. And everything she knows about obstetric care, she learned from midwives too!!