I've noticed that, when people don't comment on people's blogs, the authors get a little nervous. People like comments, and I feel the same way. When no one comments here for a while, I feel like posting this:
Hello-ooooooo! Is anybody out theeeeeeere-ere-ere-ere? Echo-ooo-ooo!
And I tend not to be the most vocal of blog readers. Often, I just don't know what to say. It's like a great conversation that's happening all around me; I love to listen, and if I don't think I have anything useful to say, I usually just shut up and listen. But I'm a very faithful blog reader. Very faithful. I even have one of those Google reading-thingies that tells me when people update their blogs. Sometimes, I want to leave a blank comment, just to let the author know that I'm listening, if it makes a difference. But I'm not sure that it does. And anyway, dumb Blogger won't let you do that.
All this to say, now I have a blog roll. It's not long. It's made of the blogs that I keep in the reading-thingie, of which I read every post.
So, to you on my blog roll: if it matters to you, I'm listening.
12 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I feel the same way. I find that the most awesome and intimate blogs are the ones I have the hardest time commenting on, and this often means your blog. I think it's because after a person has really shared a bit of their soul, it seems almost trite or simple to say anything at all, even though you might want to just scream "Yes! I GET that! I GET you!" or whatever.
The whole blogging/commenting thing is weird. Because, it's like writing a letter, but a letter that you're not sure if it got to the person. And other times it's like writing a journal entry, and you don't care who it goes to. And other times, it's like you are writing it for one person who you think will love it, and then you're glad to know that person saw it. It's strange, isn't it?
I always love your insight, but I don't comment nearly as much as I want to, but just can't find the right words.
I read every post. Not that you asked if I did, or not that you care. I'm just sayin'. I do.
<3
It matters. And I'm happy to see my own blog on your list. :-)
love it! did you know you can also have a sidebar thing that tells what state/town the last person who looked at your blog is from? :) Thanks for having me on your list..its made my day.:)
Rachel: That's exactly it! You said it, man. This blogging-and-commenting thing is so weird. It usually has the effect of making me feel a lot less lonely or way more lonely, depending on what my motivation for writing is and what my mood is up to on a given day, and who responds or doesn't respond. It's just so weird. But, overall, I think it's really positive. There have only been two times when people have responded in an unkind or insensitive way and really hurt me. Unfortunately, those were my two most vulnerable, raw, faltering-voice-type posts ever. Last time, I considered deleting my blog and never writing on it again. (I was tidily talked out of that by a mutual friend of ours, though!) So I'm not sure what that means.
I do care, and it does matter to me. Thanks, pal. You always make me smile, which is quite a feat. Well, except when you're miserable, and then you make me cry. That, not so much. 8)
And all you other peeps: thanks for reading. <3
Thanks for putting me on your blog roll! I come and read every post on your blog, but it's true that I don't always know what to say.
Maybe I should just start leaving a mostly blank comment, with just this little symbol <3 because I think that's a heart. Then you'll know I'm thinking of you.
8)
<3
Post a Comment