19 July 2010

This weekend, I

  • was wisely and kindly guided toward the next leg of my spiritual journey by a mentor I trust
  • drove for two hours while cranking Spearhead, twice
  • cheated on my diet majorly and enjoyed it sooooo much
  • confessed
  • collected myself
  • gave
  • received
  • meditated
  • prayed
  • taught
  • learned
  • made tea for a friend
  • spent most of a day hiking there → with someone who also stops to bow to the miracle of fungus and ferns and fish in a stream and makes me feel okay being me
  • had a higher concentration of incredibly satisfying conversations each day than I have since ... uhhh ....
  • had a real hug
  • laughed so hard that I inhaled my beer
  • and cried when it was all over.

6 comments:

Buffy said...

It makes me so happy that you had this kind of weekend! And I think it's a great format for a blog post.

Jonathan Erdman said...

Was this at Turkey Run???

I've heard great things about TR, but I've never been.

amy frances said...

It was. I was expecting just your run-of-the-mill Indiana park. But man, oh man. It was like hiking in upstate New York. If you guys were going to be here longer, I'd suggest that we go. Boulders and canyons and great mounds of rocks to climb. We hiked along this old river bed that's now just a stream full of minnows. It was amazing. And it was raining for half the day! Glory!

Kevin and I are going to spend a weekend there before the summer ends, either camping or at the inn.

Jonathan Erdman said...

Very cool.

I would definitely vote for camping!

Kendra said...

*happy sigh*

amy frances said...

Indeed.