22 July 2010

Sometimes Yoga Is Cheeseburger in a Bar

Tonight, my yoga teacher flew me. As in, she lifted me up by my hips with her feet and held me in the air while I hovered over her. For about five minutes. She held me in the air with her legs for five minutes. It was incredible.

All week I've been very, very tired. I stopped progesterone on Monday, and my energy levels have been sharply sliding down ever since. I've also been craving a cheeseburger like a drowning person craves air. Nothing else could possibly do. A cheeseburger. Aaaaaall week.

I had a very significant conversation this afternoon. The voice of the spirit, tender and persistent, finally took root: you are okay. I am okay. There's nothing wrong with me. I've been toiling tirelessly for nearly a year to find out, really and truly, I'm not messed up. I'm fine.

And I had planned to go to a group class after my private yoga class tonight. But my body was begging for rest and a cheeseburger. So my yoga, my union of body and spirit, tonight was sitting in a bar, alone, eating an organic chili cheeseburger with a locally grown organic salad, listening to indie rock and people watching. It was the first time in my thirty years that I've ever sat in a restaurant alone for a meal. And I was okay. I was happy to be alone there, resting, feeding my body. I felt so utterly not-alone: My husband was waiting at home for me. I'm making a beautiful new friend. I have all the old friends; I carry them with me everywhere. And the spirit, she just keeps breathing me, holding me, holding me until I hear her, holding me until I know.

Something is happening to me, I think.

P.S. In a few weeks, I'm going to a workshop to learn to do the yoga-flying thing. Anybody wanna come?

4 comments:

ASHENFELTERS said...

why did you have to go off of it?
My dad used to fly us like that when we were kids. We would stretch our arms out, close out eyes and pretend we were superman!:) I bet you felt like a kid up there, huh?

Buffy said...

Sounds like you are finding all kinds of good ways to feed your soul.

amy frances said...

C: I only take it for days 12–28 of my cycle. Monday was day 28.

B: I sure am trying.

Kendra said...

The bud is splitting open. You are beginning to bloom.