19 December 2009

Nos. 9–10

Um. Is it terribly presumptuous of me to post something I made as part of my Beautiful Thing of the Day series?


(It's a pin. I didn't make the scarf; that was made by some nice lady in India who was paid a fair wage for her work, courtesy of Ten Thousand Villages.) There are many more projects in the works, and several more that are finished. I'll post pictures of those sometime after Friday. ; )

And, for good measure, the snow in my front yard is pretty too. I took a walk in it today—totally out of character for me. And you know what? All those people who like to take walks in the snow are really on to something.




6 comments:

Andy said...

Amy, that's gorgeous! Very nicely done!

I showed this to Deborah and she commented that it was good that you made the middle finger the shortest. [Rolls eyes] We both really liked the earrings and pendant, too.

I'm curious what you used to make the chattering lines along the bark and in the background?

Glad to know the rest of us aren't crazy for enjoying walks in the snow. :-)

amy frances said...

Thanks! I just scribbled with the drill. Tell Deborah it's not a hand.

Btw, I finished that thing in the sketch. It looks substantially different from the design, but I think it's an improvement. I'll show you on Monday.

Sharon said...

how very, very satisfying!

Andy said...

Deborah knows it's not a hand. :-)

Kendra said...

I love the pin!

amy frances said...

Thanks!