I really like this. I like the deep shadows and the highlights were the light strikes. I like how you used color to make it dimensional, you can tell the limbs are rounded. I like how the curves of hill and woman mirror each other. I love the little blue squiggle on her hip and a hint of facial features. The sky actually looks distant, not painted on.
I don't know all the right arsty terms like everyone else, but damn, I really like this. Not even just for it's artistic quality (which was amazing) but for the feeling it gave me. Hard to describe it though.
This sketch invites me to stare at her beauty for a minute, then leave her in peace (while she heals from some sad experience, or changes her mind and reads a book). But that's just me.
She's really beautiful.
And I too like how her shape and the rock behind her go together.
Art is how I make love to the earth. Wine is how the earth makes love to me. I practice yoga because, as Ani DiFranco has said, all that steel and stone are no match for the air, my friend; what doesn't bend breaks.
Everything I do I do fiercely. I think in pictures, see in layers, hear in whispers, and feel in torrents. My mind never halts. My heart never yields. My soul is never sated. Beauty and love are my food and drink. God inhabits my inner, silent sanctum. I place my faith in paradox. I carry my friends with me, ever and always. There is no better partner than my husband.
13 comments:
Nice. What's the yellow bit near the front? A bridge? What medium are you using?
Um. It's hair.
Soft pastels.
this is quite lovely.
i think you might like my friend's mandalas on facebook.
Thanks! What's a mandala?
Wow! Thanks so much for sharing. Looking forward to more.
I really like the style and the smoothness of the soft pastels. The curves are impressive. Beautiful!
I really like this. I like the deep shadows and the highlights were the light strikes. I like how you used color to make it dimensional, you can tell the limbs are rounded. I like how the curves of hill and woman mirror each other. I love the little blue squiggle on her hip and a hint of facial features. The sky actually looks distant, not painted on.
I don't know all the right arsty terms like everyone else, but damn, I really like this. Not even just for it's artistic quality (which was amazing) but for the feeling it gave me. Hard to describe it though.
I'm glad you shared it.
Aww, shucks, thanks guys.
In the parlance of Facebook: Like.
I want to come and draw with pastels with you! :)
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=119409958076882#!/mandalajourney?v=wall&ref=ts
This is a link to my friend's mandalas specifically (I also sent you a fb invite). I'm guessing that mandalas might intrigue you.
Well, on behalf of Winona Lake and Warsaw, I heartily welcome you.
I'll go check it out!
This sketch invites me to stare at her beauty for a minute, then leave her in peace (while she heals from some sad experience, or changes her mind and reads a book). But that's just me.
She's really beautiful.
And I too like how her shape and the rock behind her go together.
Post a Comment