23 April 2010

Listen

Go here, and read, and listen, without quibble or verdict. Just listen.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I started tearing up about 30 seconds in. All I could think was how strong and fragile and beautiful she was. And then when it got to the end...yeah, basically lost it.

I love the idea of these listening circles. It's actually something along the lines of what I've been contemplating starting myself. I strongly suggest you look up the podcast called, "The Moth." Spine-tingling stuff.

amy frances said...

Wasn't it beautiful? I was spellbound. I'll look up that podcast. If you visit that blog, the very next post is a series of clips of that woman talking about life in Whitehorse, where she grew up. It's breathtaking.

It's too dang bad you live so far away. You and Tamie would get along swimmingly (she's the author of that blog—Jon Erdman's fiance).

amy frances said...

And yeah, isn't that circle a brilliant idea? It's a brilliant idea. I recall that there was a group on my college campus that did something of that sort, but when I was 20 I was too much of a rabid fundamentalist to listen to anyone. My loss, dude. My loss.

But now. If you start one, I'm there. So worth the drive.