is my favorite, and I finally understand why.And every day, you gaze upon the sunset with such love and intensity. Why, it's almost as if you could only crack the code and you'd finally understand what this all means. But, if you could, do you think you would trade in all the pain and suffering? Ahh, but then you'd miss the beauty of the light upon this earth and the sweetness of the leaving. —Jane Siberry, "Calling All Angels"
7 comments:
<3
Good stuff. (like a black tie version of Garth Brooks' The Dance -- is that sacrilegious?)
It's fine with me; I don't care for Garth Brooks's music. It's not bad, but, eh.
And, P. S., an email is coming, now that I can sit down and write something thoughtful. xo
I was more concerned about sacrilege against your song, not Garth's. :)
I'll be looking for it.
Oh. In that case, grrrrrrr.
I love this song. I sing it to B all the time, especially in the hospital.
I. love. it.
p.s. I haven't been able to comment much lately, but your support has meant so much to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Oh, Rachel, I love that you love this song!!!! We truly are kindred spirits, aren't we? It's a rare, precious person who's ever even heard of Jane Siberry!
And I love that you sing it to Bennett. I actually make a prayer out of it. Maybe, if I learn to sing, I'll sing it to my kids.
I had an experience the other day when so many glorious feelings and thoughts and wounds and their cures converged, exquisitely by accident, and this, my favorite verse of my favorite song, could have been the soundtrack. The moment was so perfect, I think the angels must have scripted it.
It's so lovely to know another who appreciates it.
Oh, and, P.S. Rach, those shots of B and Cam, after all you guys have been through this month and this year and these last two years, trying to get to that moment, made me sit down and bawl for about twenty minutes. I love you guys. xo
Post a Comment