I know, I know. It's been a while. Do you ever have times when you fold into yourself and just don't want to talk? I do. I haven't wanted to talk much lately, at least not the kind of talking that fizzles through the ether and flashes, sterile, soundless, scentless, and abstract, across my laptop screen. The internet has been making me lonely. Crazy lonely. I've been craving company. I want to sit with a person, walk side by side, arm in arm. I want to hear a voice. Smell someone's body. Part with a hug, knowing it'll only be a day or two until the next time.
Opportunities for that are so rare and precious. They're becoming rarer and more precious all the time. I'm not okay with that. I don't think I can be. And I don't know what to do about it.
I'm grateful for the sun today. I needed the sun so badly. I've been so cold for the last few weeks. You know what I love most about the sun? There's only one, and we all share it. You and I, no matter who or where you are, share that one sun. Look up at the sun tomorrow, if you can. I will too. It'll be the same one. Have you ever seen An American Tail? Remember that song the two mice sing, when they're far apart and longing to be together? It helps me too, a little, to think of everyone who is not here, whom I can't see or smell or hear or touch, sleeping underneath the very same big sky as I do. God. I hope heaven really is the place where we're all together forever.
19 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Missing you Amy. How ya doing? That song was my sisters favorite song when she was little. I love it and every time I hear, i think of her.:) It makes me happy we all share the same sun too.
Hi Connie. I'm hanging on right now; that's about it. But it's something. Sorry, I can't say "Great!" in true, friendly midwestern form, because I'd be lying. Thank you for asking. How are you guys doing?
We kids sang that song a lot. And it makes me think of my sister too. I love the idea of the celestial bodies being shared among all people everywhere. So much else is too, but those are the big ones.
Nice to catch up on your blog a bit. It has been awhile since I've commented here...or written on my own blog! I've been out of the mood to write publicly. Plus pretty busy, but mostly out of the mood.
Connection is good. Nice top post today about connection.
Post a Comment