26 February 2010

Just Ordinary

I woke up at 5:30 and snuggled with Kevin for 45 minutes before dragging to my feet. I went to bed before 9 last night, and only woke once. Full alertness: ahhhhh.

Morning tea is like a fuzzy blanket straight out of the dryer for my tummy. I'm not hungry yet. I'll probably eat yoghurt with maple syrup and coconut when I am.

I like silence in the morning. No radio news or music or computer-video noises. I don't even like to talk in the morning. I've always been this way: noise in the morning is about the most grating thing I can think of. (I know, I know—all you mommas are thinking "Just you wait!") Right now, all I can hear is clicky typing and the humming refrigerator. 8)

I just put on a second sweater, and I'm almost warm. Another pair of wool socks should do the trick. I'm rockin' my mousy copy editor vibe today, in a a gray cardigan and glasses. I love my gray cardigan and glasses.

I just spent an hour reading my current novel (My Name Is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok). I read by the whispering, slate-blue light reflecting off the snow and into my living room. I still don't miss the sun. Maybe in a few more weeks.

My back doesn't hurt right now, and I feel loved and hopeful, the kind of hopeful you feel when you're looking forward to something you've wanted, something vague but so real, something that may just come your way after all. Something I want and need may be coming my way.

And now to tame my hair, brush my teeth, find food, put on shoes, and go to work. Peace and love upon you each today.

No comments: